Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Phoenix

At the end of May my co-workers and I went to Phoenix for USA Volleyball annual meetings. This is what I spent most of my time doing:
But don't worry, we had a little time to wander around downtown and enjoy the sites! The Suns were in the middle of their series with the Lakers, and they had put a giant uniform on this statue:


The last night of the meetings is the Boyce Banquet, when USA Volleyball hands out all their big awards, and we have a chance to get dressed up. I don't often wear heels, since they make me taller than Scott, the Boyce Banquet is also the one time a year I wear heels knowing that all those volleyball people will still be taller than I am!
The table centerpiece. This year the shortest person at the table got the volleyball, and it was not me. :(
I had mushroom stuffed ravioli for my meal, and it was DELICIOUS!
I am having so much fun!
We won the Region Website of the Year award, and here we are showing off our award.
The meetings and Adult Nationals overlapped the Phoenix Comicon Conventions. Comicon is a big covention dealing with comics, anime, horror, sci fi, fantasy, Star Trek, etc. The last night I was in Phoenix there was a zombie parade through the streets!
Oh look, it's some escapees from Raccoon City! You may be wondering what Raccoon City is...it's the city from the Resident Evil series of movies/games, of course! How do I know this, well, I will admit that I am kinda a scifi/fantasy geek...but I didn't attend Comicon!
These orange-shirted Ambassadors prowl the streets of downtown Phoenix all the time, helping tourists figure out where they are and telling them the good places to go. They don't normally look like zombies, though.
I wanted a picture with the sign, and a zombie jumped in as well.
You may note that I wore my Chewbacca t-shirt for the occassion!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

This does not look like Ozark Vacation and Omaha Zoo :)