Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fire of Brazil!

While in Atlanta we ate supper at a restaurant called "Fire of Brazil." After you get your fill at the salad bar, you flip a little card on your table over to green, and the gauchos come around with giant hunks of meat on swords, and slice some off for you. They had about 15 different kinds of meat. My favorite was the leg of lamb (what I am eagerly grabbing above) and the chicken wrapped in bacon. I don't usually eat a lot of meat, so I think I got about a month's worth of meat in that one meal.
We also got a couple free desserts. We got a chocolate mousse cake, and also this lovely peach melba ice cream served in a coconut.
Here's our Noisy Crickets volleyball team. We had never played together before arriving at nationals, so it took us a couple games to really do well. We were competitive with every team that we played, but didn't win very many matches. But we did have a lot of fun, and we might try to play together in a tournament next year.
Robin made little signs in support of us!
Here is a lovely picture of us in action. I don't usually play middle hitter (I am a setter!), but I had to do it a bit at this tournament. You can see why I don't play it in this picture--there is a huge hole in the block! Colleen didn't close!! But don't worry, our defensive person in the backrow is in exactly the right place to dig that ball up...

No comments: