Tuesday, March 9, 2010

This time of year...

I apologize for the lack of posts. This time of year is when volleyball club season is in high gear, and basically all I do is work and do volleyball stuff! Scott has also been busy with work. Here's a re-cap of the last few weekends (since the week days consisted of yes, you guessed it, work):

Feb. 20: Scott and I became First Aid/CPR certified! A group of people from our church (including us) are joining the local CERT--Community Emergency Response Team--and this was the first step. We will be doing more training in various subjects so that if there is an emergency, we are on the list of people to call to do anything from sandbag (floods are coming) to answer phone calls to chainsaw tree limbs.

Feb. 27-28: The VB club I am the administrator for hosted a tournament at the Oskaloosa schools, so I spent all day Sat. and Sun. in the gym running the tournaments. Scott played volleyball in pella on Saturday, and hung out on Sunday.

March 1-4: Scott was at a conference all week, so I worked late every night, as I will never run out of work at this time of year. I also made a trip to Half Price books to spend the rest of my Christmas money.

March 6: Scott and I both spent the day at home, sleeping in, watching a movie, eating breakfast together, playing wii, and relaxing. No volleyball. This is the last day we will have like this until the end of April. It was nice. For supper we drove to Pella and had supper with my ENTIRE family!

March 7: went to church at the Bridge in Ottumwa, where my former roommate Sara Statema married Chris Johnson as part of the worship service.

And now we are caught up!

No comments: