Monday, September 21, 2009

Stacy's Wedding & NW Iowa

A couple weekends ago Scott and I went up to NW Iowa for my friend Stacy's wedding. Stacy was an "honorary roommate" at Dordt--she graduated with a 2-year degree, but hung out with us a lot, so we called her our roomie. Stacy and Jason had been dating for 8 years, so we were excited to see them finally get married!
At the reception Scott and I relived a moment from our wedding...although I didn't get to smear frosting all over his face this time.

Brady and Rhonda Fopma:

Here are the roomies that made it! Colleen, Rhonda, Stacy, Teresa, and Amy
Brady and Rhonda live in Sioux Center, so we hung out at their house for a while after the wedding. Scott and I were staying at a hotel, but Teresa slept at their house, and Amy and Corwin only live about an hour away. We had a good time catching up, and I'm sure Corwin and Scott had a great time meeting our college roommates for the first time. :)
They had a giant bottle, so Scott and I were mature and fun loving, as always:
Sunday morning we went to church, then took a quick tour of Dordt College. It has changed quite a bit since I graduated in 2000! New dorms going up, parking lots that used to be fields, fields that used to be parking lots, a new student union, and hug additions to the classroom building. New soccer fields, and even a huge new sign welcoming you to campus. One thing that has not changed--the statue, "The Gift."


1 comment:

Lorraine said...

the bottle picture kills me! lol