Thursday, July 30, 2009

Landscaping and a new friend

Last weekend while I was in Florida, Mom and Dad came over to our house and helped Scott do some landscaping in the front yard. They only did one side of the front--the other side is a little bigger, and we will have to get a few more bricks before we can finish it. It looks great! Mom also started pulling down some wallpaper in the kitchen so that I can start my kitchen painting project while Scott is gone next month.
This morning I discovered that we have a new roommate. I saw it out of the corner of my eye, and wondered why Scott put a leaf on his bedside table, then looked closer, and it was a one-legged grasshopper sitting calmly on his Bible! We just left him for today. As Scott said, "At least we know that he's standing on the promises of God!"





1 comment:

Lorraine said...

The landscaping looks really nice ... and y'all were very kind to leave your new little "friend" ... I wouldn't have killed him if possible, but I would have tried to get him trapped and out of the house!