My sister Lynn and her family are interested in buying a house near my parent's house, so they are working to get their current house on the market to sell. Today Mom, Dad, and I went over to help them get as much done as possible. Mom painted the beadboard in the upstairs bathroom, then headed home to shampoo their basement carpet. I finished up some stuff in the downstairs bathroom, painted some wood trip, and then went downstairs to help tile the hall floor.
The subfloor in the basement was partially rotted, so they had put down new wood on part of the floor, and were finishing up scraping off the old tile from the wood that was still good. Even Hannah helped with scraping!
Dad and I spent most of the day laying the tile. The girls all wanted to "help" so we let them stick it down better by rolling it with a rolling pin. Even Olivia got to help out!
We got the whole area done, and it looks pretty good!
Here Dad is laying down the last little corner tile. Yay!
The bathroom upstairs has a window that looks pretty much straight out into the neighbor's house. That can be a little awkward when you have to use the toilet...Lynn had bought a window "cling" treatment for the window that I put up. It lets in light, but doesn't allow people to see it. I really like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment