Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Good-bye, Pella Christian High!

Pella Christian High School, my alma mater, just built a brand new beautiful school on the other side of town. This past weekend they had 'alumni games' in the old gym as a celebration of the old school. I played volleyball--old guys vs. young guys (they beat us by 1 point...darn!) Then they had women's 6-on-6 basketball. Now, I grew up in the Chicago area and never played 6-on-6, and they switched to 5-on-5 the year we moved to Pella, so I never had to play it in high school. That is probably the most boring basketball game I have ever played! After that they had girl's 5-on-5, but I didn't stay because we had 4 inches of snow in 2 hours, and I wanted to drive home. Good-bye little gym!!
Here I am in the entry hallway.
Looking down the hall toward the gym doors. I have spent many hours in this school building, and I am going to miss it a little bit. But the new school sure is nice...

No comments: