
I was the coach of the Iowa High Performance Select (8th and 9th graders) team at the 2007 HP Tournament in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Girls from all across the state tried out for the team, and we took 10 girls. We played will and came in 15th out of 24 teams, which is one spot higher than last year, so we are improving!

We spent a couple afternoons on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale. It was never real crowded when we were there, which was nice. It was hot!!! I wore 45 spf sunblock, and after about an hour I was red as a lobster. The water was perfectly clear, and you could see your toes when the water was up to your shoulders.

"Life is like a box of chocolates..."


The entire group went on a catamaran ride out into the open ocean one evening. It was a little too dark to snorkel, but I swam out in the open ocean with the girls. I learned a very important lesson: I can swim in the ocean on the beach, and I can ride in a boat in the open ocean, and i will feel great. But when I swim in the open ocean, I THROW UP! This was before I swam, which is why I am still smiling and have some color to my cheeks. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment